Supplements to take on keto.We’ve all heard the saying, “If you want to lose weight, exercise more and eat less.” While that might be a good start, there are other factors that can help boost your keto weight loss journey. And one of them is supplementing with the right nutrients. In this post, we’ll discuss some of our favorite keto supplements and why they work so well for burning fat while still keeping muscle mass intact!
Related articles:keto blast gummy
Electrolyte Supplements Expand and write in detail
Related articles:10 Proven Diabetic Diet Hacks for Effective Weight Loss Without Compromising Health
Electrolytes are minerals that carry an electric charge and are essential for various bodily functions, including regulating hydration, maintaining blood pH levels, and helping muscles contract and relax. When you follow a ketogenic diet, you may experience an electrolyte imbalance due to the diuretic effect of the diet. This is because a low-carbohydrate intake reduces insulin levels, which in turn signals the kidneys to release more water and sodium. As a result, you may lose more electrolytes than usual through urine, leading to symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, muscle cramps, and dizziness.
Related articles:keto blast gummies review
To avoid electrolyte deficiency, it’s recommended to consume more electrolytes on a keto diet, and supplements can be an effective way to ensure you are getting enough. The top electrolytes to look for in supplements are sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Sodium is the most important electrolyte to consume when following a ketogenic diet. It plays a crucial role in maintaining fluid balance and blood pressure, and it’s important for nerve and muscle function. Potassium is also important for nerve and muscle function, as well as for regulating heart rhythm and blood pressure. Magnesium helps regulate muscle and nerve function, supports a healthy immune system, and aids in bone health. Calcium is important for muscle and nerve function, bone health, and blood clotting.
The best electrolyte supplements to take on a ketogenic diet are those that provide a balanced mix of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Look for supplements that include these electrolytes in their bioavailable forms, as this ensures that they are absorbed and used effectively by your body.
Some of the best electrolyte supplements for a keto diet include:
- Ultima Replenisher Electrolyte Hydration Powder – This supplement contains a balanced mix of six electrolytes, including sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, chloride, and phosphorus. It’s available in a variety of flavors and is sweetened with stevia.
- LMNT Recharge Electrolyte Hydration – This supplement was created specifically for individuals following a low-carbohydrate or ketogenic diet. It contains a high dose of sodium, as well as potassium and magnesium, to help balance electrolytes and prevent dehydration.
- Dr. Berg’s Electrolyte Powder – This supplement provides a balanced mix of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and sodium, as well as other important electrolytes such as chloride and phosphorus. It’s sweetened with natural flavors and is available in raspberry lemonade, orange, and grape flavors.
Related articles:A Holistic Approach to Tackling Belly Fat After 50
MCT oil, or medium-chain triglyceride oil, is a type of oil that is derived from coconut oil or palm oil. It contains medium-length chains of fatty acids that are easier for the body to digest and convert into energy than long-chain triglycerides found in other types of oils.
One of the main benefits of MCT oil on a ketogenic diet is its ability to increase ketone levels in the body. Ketones are molecules produced by the liver when the body is in a state of ketosis, which is the metabolic state that occurs when carbohydrate intake is low and the body switches to using fat as its primary fuel source.
MCT oil can also aid in weight loss on a ketogenic diet by increasing feelings of fullness and reducing calorie intake. Research has shown that MCT oil can increase the production of hormones that promote feelings of fullness, such as peptide YY and leptin, and decrease the production of hormones that stimulate hunger, such as ghrelin.
Additionally, MCT oil has been shown to improve cognitive function, enhance exercise performance, and reduce inflammation in the body.
When choosing an MCT oil supplement, it’s important to look for one that is derived from a high-quality source, such as organic coconut oil. It’s also important to start with a small dose and gradually increase it over time to prevent digestive upset, as MCT oil can cause diarrhea or stomach cramps in some individuals.
Some of the best MCT oil supplements for a ketogenic diet include:
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil – This supplement is made from pure C8 MCT oil, which is the most ketogenic form of MCT oil. It’s tasteless and odorless, making it easy to add to food and drinks.
- Sports Research MCT Oil – This supplement is made from organic coconuts and contains a mix of C8 and C10 MCTs. It’s non-GMO, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
- Nutiva Organic MCT Oil – This supplement is made from organic coconuts and is non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan. It’s available in both unflavored and vanilla flavors.
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are beneficial to the body, especially for digestive health. They can be consumed in supplement form or through fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut. On a ketogenic diet, consuming probiotics can be especially beneficial as the low-carbohydrate intake can lead to changes in gut bacteria that may cause digestive discomfort, such as bloating, gas, and constipation.
Research has shown that probiotics can help promote a healthy gut microbiome, which is essential for overall health and immune function. They can also help reduce inflammation in the body and improve nutrient absorption.
When choosing a probiotic supplement, it’s important to look for one that contains a mix of different strains of bacteria, as each strain has different benefits. Some of the best strains of bacteria to look for in a probiotic supplement include:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus – This strain of bacteria is found naturally in the gut and can help improve digestive health and support immune function.
- Bifidobacterium lactis – This strain of bacteria is found in the colon and can help improve digestive function, reduce inflammation, and support immune function.
- Streptococcus thermophilus – This strain of bacteria is commonly found in yogurt and can help improve lactose digestion and support immune function.
It’s also important to look for a probiotic supplement that contains a high number of live bacteria per serving and is stored in a dark, cool place to ensure maximum potency.
Some of the best probiotic supplements for a ketogenic diet include:
- Garden of Life Dr. Formulated Probiotics Once Daily Women’s – This supplement contains 16 strains of bacteria, including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis, and is designed specifically for women’s health.
- Renew Life Ultimate Flora Extra Care Probiotic – This supplement contains 30 billion live cultures per capsule and 12 different strains of bacteria, including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium lactis.
- Culturelle Daily Probiotic – This supplement contains 10 billion live cultures per capsule and one strain of bacteria, Lactobacillus GG, which has been clinically proven to improve digestive health.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce on its own and must be obtained through diet or supplements. They are found in high amounts in fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines, as well as in plant-based sources such as chia seeds, flaxseeds, and walnuts.
On a ketogenic diet, it can be challenging to consume enough omega-3 fatty acids, as the diet is typically high in fat but low in carbohydrates. Consuming an adequate amount of omega-3 fatty acids is important for overall health and can be especially beneficial for weight loss on a ketogenic diet, as they can help reduce inflammation in the body and improve insulin sensitivity.
When choosing an omega-3 supplement, it’s important to look for one that contains a high concentration of EPA and DHA, which are the most beneficial types of omega-3 fatty acids. These types of omega-3s have been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
Some of the best omega-3 supplements for a ketogenic diet include:
- Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega – This supplement contains a high concentration of EPA and DHA and is made from sustainably sourced fish oil. It’s available in both liquid and capsule form.
- NOW Supplements Omega-3 – This supplement is made from fish oil and contains a high concentration of EPA and DHA. It’s available in softgel form and is certified by the International Fish Oil Standards program for purity and potency.
- Garden of Life Omega-Zyme Ultra – This supplement contains a blend of omega-3 fatty acids, as well as digestive enzymes to aid in digestion. It’s available in capsule form and is made from sustainably sourced fish oil.
Related articles:10 Weekly Meal Plans to Kickstart Your Weight Loss Journey in March
Related articles:8 Healthy Meal Prep Ideas for Quick and Simple Weight Loss in April
Digestive enzymes are proteins that help break down food into smaller molecules that can be absorbed and utilized by the body. They are produced naturally by the pancreas and other organs in the digestive system, but can also be consumed in supplement form to aid in digestion.
On a ketogenic diet, which is typically high in fat and protein and low in carbohydrates, it can be challenging for the body to produce enough digestive enzymes to break down these macronutrients. This can lead to digestive discomfort, such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
Digestive enzyme supplements can be helpful in improving digestive function and reducing these symptoms. They work by supplementing the body’s own digestive enzymes, allowing for more efficient breakdown of food and absorption of nutrients.
When choosing a digestive enzyme supplement, it’s important to look for one that contains a mix of different enzymes, as each enzyme is responsible for breaking down different types of macronutrients. The top digestive enzymes to look for in a supplement include:
- Protease – This enzyme helps break down proteins into amino acids, which can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
- Amylase – This enzyme helps break down carbohydrates into simple sugars, which can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
- Lipase – This enzyme helps break down fats into fatty acids and glycerol, which can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
It’s also important to look for a digestive enzyme supplement that is designed to survive the acidic environment of the stomach and reach the small intestine, where most nutrient absorption occurs.
Some of the best digestive enzyme supplements for a ketogenic diet include:
- Now Super Enzymes – This supplement contains a mix of different digestive enzymes, including protease, amylase, and lipase, as well as other enzymes such as cellulase and lactase.
- Garden of Life Omega-Zyme Ultra – This supplement contains a mix of digestive enzymes and omega-3 fatty acids to aid in both digestion and overall health.
- Enzymedica Digest Gold – This supplement contains a high concentration of digestive enzymes, including protease, amylase, and lipase, and is designed to survive the acidic environment of the stomach.
Supplements to take on keto.If you’re on a keto weight-loss journey, there are plenty of supplements that you absolutely should take to help you get the most out of it. When picking supplements for our list, we thought about what was important to look for for maximum effectiveness, and also considered which specific ingredients would be the easiest to find in stores or online. If you’re feeling a little shoestring during your quest for a thin physique, this list of keto supplements is going to get your results!le!